Sunday, November 7, 2010

ccyc

Went to ccyc to do a skit for the middle schoolers. It was a lot of fun, despite all the bruises from the violence in the story, and when it was over I decided to stay until Sunday morning. I really like hanging out with the middle schoolers and talking to them. Even though I want to beat them sometimes, I really do love them. I remember middle school, and I wish I had a high schooler to come hang out with me and teach me about Jesus.
Also on my heart lately, a lot of stuff. Mainly, trying to close my mouth and have patience. Which doesn't come naturally. In school, kids are really selfish. I can't stand them. And I had a girl try and mouth off to me the other day! No ma'am. But anyways, I'm learning that if I focus on what's bad about them, I'll never see what Jesus does in them. Just like the girl at Rachel's Challenge said. "If you look for the bad in me, you'll find it, quickly. But if you look for the good, you'll find that too." So that girl who thinks she's got something to say to me? What's it matter. If I get angry, Satan wins. And I will do anything I can to make sure that he never wins me. So I'm being patient, and quiet. Which lets me watch and listen more. So we'll see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment