Monday, June 25, 2012

June 25, 2012

So I haven't blogged in about a year. I just fell out of it. But I want to start again, because writing things down is therapeutic, and fun.

Three months ago, my dad died. He was one of my best friends. I miss him everyday.
It helps me to remember how strong he wanted me to be. "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger".

I've started running this summer, and I really want to keep track of what I'm doing. This blog will help. Also, I can post healthy recipes, which are super exciting to get into.

This week I've been running a mile every other day, walking a mile the days between. A mile really tires me out, which shows how much of a wuss I've become. But I'm getting better every time, which is exciting! I can now run .6 miles without stopping, when I could barely run to the end of my driveway a couple weeks ago. I've been using mapmyrun.com to log workouts and create maps. It has a lot of features that I haven't even begun to use. You can log meals create challenges too.

For healthy food, I've been eating a lot of berries and apples. They're high in fiber, which I didn't know.  Plus they're super yummy, and easy to snack on while I watch tv or something. Also, these no-bake energy bites I found on Pinterest. Also super yummy.


http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-bake-energy-bites-recipe.html


This week I've got vbs, and its also a crazy workout. I'm so happy to be back at Christs Church with my family there serving.

Thats about it for now. Thanks to anyone reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment