Friday, August 13, 2010

My friend and I were hanging out the other day, and somehow the topic of Christianity/Buddhism came up. She thought mixing two religions into one was cool. I told her when they're mixed, they lose what makes up the original belief. Jesus is the truth, the way, and the light, and you can't get to Heaven any other way. How was that so hard for her to understand?
I'm a teenager, and we have this annoying apathy towards spirituality. Like it's an extra-curricular instead of a life-altering calling. I used to fell like that too. Church was cool to go to, if my friends showed up. But I got involved in my personal relationship with God, and it was awesome. I want to share this love, but it's hard when my mission field is a bunch of hormonal teens. God's love is an uncompromising, burning passion. I'm learning to share it with kids who've been to church all their lives and are bored with the concept. They're okay with mixing religions to match their beliefs. Editing the Bible. Not cool with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment